Monday, October 10, 2005

My Blogroll Explained

From the Beat Croft, Shetland Isles

Tom Mortan is a radio personality for the BBC in Scotland. He’s also an avid cyclist, which is what really interests me about his blog. I’ve love cycling and I’ve visited Scotland, but never cycled in Scotland, and his blog provides some insight to his experiences doing just that. The Scottish country side is absolutely beautiful and his pictures really capture it well.

My Boring-Ass Life

Kevin Smith is a filmmaker from New Jersey living in Hollywood. Some of his films include Clerks, Chasing Amy, and Dogma, and he has a core concentration of fans that cannot be rivaled by any other director in Hollywood. He is also one of the most accessible famous people that I have ever seen. A friend of mine has done some camera work for him and turned me onto his blog. It is pretty vulgar, but extremely entertaining.


Paul Shirley’s Road Ramblings

Paul Shirley is a benchrider for the Phoenix Suns NBA team (at least for now, he’s always on the cusp of being cut). He is also an excellent writer and has a knack for capturing the details of life in the NBA that can’t be seen by watching superstars slam dunk on TV. He is a humble guy, and a way better writer than he is an athlete.

Healing Iraq

This is a photoblog by an anonymous photographer in Iraq. He never identifies himself on the site, and provides only this quote for non-photo content "It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of what he was never reasoned into." Jonathan Swift. I just recently came across it, and really enjoy seeing pictures from Iraq that are not blood and guts or something on fire, which is about all you can see on the news. I like how lets the pictures speak for themselves, but you have to take the photographers word for his translation of the signs written in Arabic.

Google News

Google News is where I now get all my online news. I love the look and feel of this site and have moved away from USA Today.com and CNN.com because of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home