Thursday, November 10, 2005

EOTO Feedback, Part 3

Allison Rosenstein’s Each One Teach One project was also on the topic of the digital divide. It was affirming to see that someone else in class was coming to similar conclusions as me concerning the divide, and also read some new ideas that I had not considered before. Once of these ideas is Allison’s concern that the gender gap will widen with the digital divide because of attitudes towards educating women in some developing countries. This absolutely applies to Afghanistan, but for some reason I hadn’t considered it before. Not only are there divides between Afghanistan and developed nations and urban and rural Afghanis, but also between women and men due to the moratorium on allowing women to go to school during the Taliban’s control of the country. Since I am also writing my research paper on this topic, Allison gave me a good angle to research and I plan on including it in the paper.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home